When it comes to clean up, we are all in front of our television not knowing what products to use to clean a TV screen.
Because the application of some products can deteriorate the screen and therefore the quality of the image, it is essential to have clear ideas on the solutions available to us to shine our television.
The microfiber cloth, for a simple dusting
Cleaning an LCD screen must be done with some precautions, here are the steps to remove the layer of dust that covers the screen of your TV:
Before touching anything, be sure to turn off the TV: it is easier to see the dirt on the dark surface of the camera off, and there is no risk to interfere with the pixels since they are absent.
Get a microfiber cloth: it’s a fabric similar to the one used to clean glasses. Without any difficulty you can easily find it in any supermarket, household department or automotive department.
Wipe the screen gently without pressing. Just dust off the ultra-high definition LED TV, not clean. If there are any stains after the cloth has run, you will need to use another cleaning method.
The vinegar/water mixture to clean a TV screen
- As for the use of the cloth, turn off the television
- In a container, prepare the vinegar/water mixture that will be useful to remove the stains on the screen: just put in equal amounts of vinegar and water. Vinegar is a very effective natural detergent with many properties.
- Dip a microfiber cloth in the mixture before wiping the screen. Always be careful not to press too hard to avoid damaging the screen. If stains persist, use the cloth in circular motions.
- Dry the screen with another dry microfiber cloth: if you let it dry in the open air, traces may persist.
- Precautions to take
- Do not spray the mixture on the screen; use the cloth to apply the product.
- Always read the manual of your TV before applying any product, you could find advice more adapted to the quality of your screen.
- Whatever happens, do not use products based on ammonia, ethanol or acetone, which are much too aggressive for a TV screen.
- It is advisable to unplug the unit before cleaning to avoid a short circuit caused by moisture.
If you wish, there are also cleaning products designed specifically for television screens, which you can buy in supermarkets or specialty stores.
How to clean an LED screen?
For some time, LED screens have invaded the market. On this backlighting system with a particular technology, it is generally forbidden to use soap or any other detergent product.
It is recommended by the best LED TV manufacturer in India that only the microfiber cloth should be used alone in dusting. And if your screen is stained, with fingerprints, in particular, you will need to get a suitable product, free of alcohol and ammonia, and recommended by the TV brand.
These products exist in liquid form or the form of wipes, read the instructions for use before using them. If you choose to use the liquid product, never spray directly on the screen to prevent liquid from getting in between the screen and the frame. He could then touch the electrical circuits and damage them.
In the hope that these tips will be useful for cleaning your TV without damaging it, remember that the more you maintain your TV, the more you gain in longevity.