Using your ultra high definition led tv as a computer or laptop screen can be a convenient and cost-effective way to expand your viewing options. For many of us, entertainment comes as a prime reason to buy high-definition TV and if you are also willing to amp your home entertainment setup, this can be one of the better alternatives to choose from. Furthermore, we see a lot of working professionals who complain about long hours of work spent hunching in front of their laptop screens. This only adds to strain in the eyes and some serious pain in the body due to incorrect postures.
Let’s take a look at how you can make your LED TV a monitor/laptop screen for an immersive viewing experience:
- Determine compatibility- It all starts with checking the compatibility of your ultra high-definition led tv. Almost all the TVs from the best-led tv brand in India have an HDMI input, so should your computer which you are supposed to turn into an additional screen. In case your computer does not have an HDMI port, you may need to use a VGA or DVI adapter.
- Connect the HDMI cable- After making all the necessary checks for compatibility. You should start by connecting your TV with an HDMI cable. The way it works is that one end of the cable is attached to the HDMI port on your computer, and the other end to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Set your TV to the correct input- This factor should be considered for users who already have multiple devices connected to their TV. So to begin with, it becomes important that you check and set the correct input to display the signal from your computer. To do the same, look for the input or source button on the remote of your ultra high-definition led tv.
- Set your computer display settings- After you set your TV in the correct input, the next step is adjusting the computer’s display settings to match. If you are a Windows PC user, you need to navigate to the “control panel” wherein you have to select the option which reads “Appearance and Personalization”. Next, you hit on the “adjust screen resolution.” From here, you can choose the resolution and refresh rate that best matches your TV. For Mac users, the display settings are to be changed from the Apple menu wherein the selections start with “System Preferences,” and then “Displays.”
- Adjust your TV settings- In order to optimize the displays on your TV, it is equally important to adjust the TV’s picture settings. By and large, the adjustments in contrast, brightness, and color balance make it good to go.
Test your setup- In the final step; it becomes something of a regulation to check all the necessary connections and settings adjustments. Doing so can help you rectify and mitigate the errors that might not give the desired output. One can do simple things like playing a video or game or simply browsing the internet. If the tv setting shows any issues, it may need to undergo troubleshooting. One may also need to adjust your settings further.
Intec Appliances is one of the most trusted brands in India for home appliances. Choose from a wide range of LED TVs, 4K TVs, air-conditioners, air coolers, and washing machines o adorn your home with high-functionality appliances.