In the summer months, and especially when there are heat waves and temperatures as high as those that are being recorded these days, the use of window air conditioner brand in India is common. However, in many cases, it is not done correctly, or we spend more because we do not know how to optimize its use.
In this list we collect ten tips to use this appliance correctly and economically:
- CLEAN THE FILTERS: The accumulation of dust and dirt in the filters decreases the performance of the appliance, so it ends up consuming more. Also, lack of cleanliness can cause bacteria to proliferate.
- USE THE DIFFERENT MODES AND PROGRAMMINGS: Depending on the model of air conditioner best brand in India, different options allow us to save. Some can be turned off when the optimum temperature has been reached (the degrees we have chosen) and automatically turn on again when that threshold is again exceeded. Other options are the programming for half or one hour, especially recommended at the time of going to sleep, and the fan mode, which moves the air of the room.
- KEEP THE ROOM CLOSED: To make the most of the air conditioning, we must close the doors and windows, as well as lower the blinds, to prevent the air from leaving without having adequately cooled the room or the Sun entering through the windows increase the interior temperature. Dark curtains, awnings and light colors on the walls (which reflect the Sun to the outside) can also contribute to the reduction of temperature.
- ADOPTS A TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 23 AND 25 DEGREES: The ideal temperature during the summer months should be 23 to 25 degrees. Health should not exceed a difference of more than ten degrees from the outside; this reduces the risk of suffering from a cold and other problem such as pharyngitis, rhinitis, pneumonia or a headache.
- AVOID GREAT CHANGES IN TEMPERATURE: Every time we decrease one degree in our air conditioning, consumption increases by 8%. On the other hand, it is advisable to keep a temperature more or less constant over time and not put the air suddenly very cold to cool quickly, because of the large peaks of rising or fall increase the expense.
- VENTILATE THE HOUSE IN THE FRESH HOURS: Although at times like midday and early afternoon temperatures record their highest peaks, we can open the windows early in the morning to receive fresh air from outside and thus be able to save on air conditioning for a while. Starting at eight o’clock in the afternoon, it is also usually refreshing and, therefore, it is a good time to reopen the windows. As for sleeping time, the best option is to program the device or activate the night mode.
- COMBINE THE AIR WITH THE FAN: The use of the fan can save up to 90% of energy, but for very high temperatures it is usually insufficient. The ideal point could be to intercalate its use or use the fan and the air conditioning at the same time but with a lower power than we would need if we did not have the fan on.
Another alternative to both air conditioning and the fan are evaporative systems, devices that moisten the room by evaporating water and that can lower the temperature by a few degrees.