Buying a window type air conditioner is an excellent choice when you need to cool a room in particular. However, with the passing of years and reduced maintenance, this unit usually presents problems, such as water leakage, causing the wall, window, and floor of your home to get wet.
Next, window air conditioner brands in India like Intec will present you with some solutions for this problem and other reasons that cause leaks in your window type air conditioner.
How can I solve that?
- Disconnect the window type air conditioner.
- Dry the water that is inside the unit, in the window and on the floor of the room.
- Check and make sure the unit is appropriately sealed to the window.
- If you feel hot air coming in, you need to seal the group correctly as indicated in the owner’s manual.
- Make sure that the drain holes located on the back of the group are not blocked.
- Clean them to allow water to drain without problems.
- Get rid of the accumulated dirt in the filter, as it will cause it to lock if you do not receive proper maintenance.
After you have finished all these steps and have kept the window type air conditioner off, turn it on once more to see if the water appears again.
If you notice that the water leak continues and begins to wet the floor of the room, check again to have it adequately sealed to the window.
Why else do water leaks occur?
- – Air Leaks
If your window type air conditioner is not sealed correctly, hot air from outside enters the unit. When this happens, the moisture found in the hot air condenses thanks to the cold air inside the unit. When there is a surplus of humidity inside the appliance, it starts to drip.
- – Drainage is blocked
Behind the window air conditioner, there are drainage holes (drip trays). Sometimes, these can be prevented by the accumulation of dirt and dust. When this type of blockage happens, it usually causes water leaks in the front of the unit, as well as on the sides.
Avoid this type of problems by keeping the drainage holes clean and removing dirt accumulated in the filters or replacing them to prevent any blockage that causes a water leak. It should be considered that there is a relationship between your allergies and your window type air conditioning, so cleaning it is extremely important if you suffer from respiratory problems.
- – Low temperatures outside
If it is beginning to rain or there is a lot of humidity out, the water takes longer to evaporate than normal. This leads to an excessive accumulation of moisture in the window type air conditioner, causing water leakage. It should be noted that this happens to other air conditioning units and is solved using a drip tray.
- – Malfunction of the condenser pump
If the condenser pump is not working properly or is stuck, it will cause water leakage. If you have technical knowledge, you can review it personally and look for a block or loose cable without any help from air conditioner brands in India. If the pump appears to be in the fine state, you will have to test it to see if it is defective.