Saving energy is not only good for the fight against climate change, it is also good for our pockets. Thus, seeking energy efficiency becomes a necessity for a more sustainable development.
Air conditioners have become commonplace in many homes. Therefore, sustainable use and energy efficiency are essential to save emissions to the atmosphere and money. A less power consumption air conditioner can save up to 60% more than a conventional one.
One must be aware that installing an air conditioner expensive, not only because of the cost of the device and the work, but also because of the energy consumption that it implies.
If you want to continue using your air conditioning but at the same time you want to save energy and lower consumption a little, follow these little tips and we assure you that you will see the difference in a short time.
- The air conditioner must be located in the part of the house in which the sun reaches less.
- The more humidity there is, the more you have to lower the temperature. In equipment with humidity control, it should be kept between 40% and 60% with respect to air.
- An average home with air conditioning consumes more than 2,000 kW each year to be cooled. According to air conditioner manufacturer companies in India, high-efficiency air conditioners can reduce energy consumption by 20 to 50 percent, and remember that the best units on the market are up to 70 percent more efficient than older air conditioners.
- To get maximum efficiency from your air conditioner, turn it off when no one is in the house. If you want the interior of the house to be cool, program the air conditioner to turn on half an hour before your return.
- Keep the air conditioner filter clean.
- If only the room where the system is located is being used, close the doors and keep the interior temperature at 24 ºC, at least (it is a comfortable and efficient temperature, since a lower temperature consumes more energy and costs more). For example, specialists point out that at 23 ºC it costs 18 percent more and at 20 ºC it costs 39 percent more.
- Once the room has cooled down, turn off the air conditioner and use fans to keep you comfortable. When the room warms up again, cool it with air conditioning again and then use the fans once more. By using this method, you can reduce the conditioner’s on-time by 20 to 40 percent.
- Every degree you lower the temperature supposes an 8% more in the electricity bill
- It is important that the air conditioning system is clean, especially the filters. If they don’t filter well, you will consume more electricity. Clean the filters at least once a month
- Setting a temperature lower than what you want will not make the room cool faster, but it will consume more electricity. Always set the correct temperature
- When the air conditioner is on, close the doors and windows of the room so that it provides better climate in the room.